Today, Janet brings up an interesting article she found about readmission rates, urgent care centers, and unneeded ER visits.
In Massachusetts, there are employers that are trying to cut health cost, focusing on unneeded ER visits. The focus is to transition unneeded ER visits to the many urgent care centers that are popping up everywhere in the state.
So we speak about:
- Our thoughts on urgent care – the pros and cons
- Why unneeded ER visits are so bad (money and health wise)
- Personal experiences with urgent care centers
- What should you use urgent care centers for
- If these employers are going to really reduce the costs
- What readmission rates are and how they became so important
Connect With Us